2019 Honda CR-V Cerritos, CA
When you’re looking to add a little adventure and excitement to your trips throughout Cerritos, Buena Park, and Long Beach, you may want to consider getting a crossover like the 2019 Honda CR-V. This impressive vehicle offers plenty of space, power, and features for its drivers and passengers, but at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Cerritos, we’re going to help you take a closer look!
In this 2019 CR-V review, we’ll take a closer look at what this impressive Honda crossover offers so you can see if it’s the vehicle you’ve been seeking for your adventures on the road.
Honda CR-V Engine Specs & Performance
The CR-V comes standard with a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that can produce 184 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque. Drivers looking for more power can easily opt for the 1.5-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged engine, which is capable of delivering 190 horsepower and 179 lb-ft of torque. Both of these CR-V engine options come mated to the Continuously Variable Transmission, which provides smoother accelerations and more efficient gear transitions, which results in a great fuel economy for its class.
Cabin Space & Comfort
The Honda CR-V offers 105.9 cubic feet of cabin space that can accommodate five passengers. Riders up front get 40.1 inches of headroom and 41.3 inches of legroom, while passengers in the rear get 39.2 inches of headroom and 40.4 inches of legroom. The CR-V even offers 39.2 cubic feet of cargo space, but thanks to the 60/40 split rear bench, the second row can be partially folded to make room for longer items, or it can be folded flat to generate 75.8 cubic feet of total cargo space.
Entertainment & Safety Technology
This crossover comes with a 5-inch LCD display that can be used to access the various media options that are included. The features include the Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Streaming Audio, the AM/FM radio, USB and auxiliary inputs for portable media devices, and Pandora® compatibility—which allows you to enjoy customizable internet radio stations. The CR-V also comes with Speed-Sensitive Volume Control. This feature will automatically adjust the audio levels to compensate for the engine noise during peak performance.
Upgrading the trim levels will add more connectivity features like Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™. These features add a major convenience to your driving experience because they integrate your smartphone into the 7-inch touchscreen display. From the screen, you can easily access your phone’s features, including your contacts list, your media apps, and even your stored media library, which you can play through the vehicle’s sound system.
Honda CR-V Trim Levels
There are plenty of impressive options to go for when deciding on the 2019 Honda CR-V. One thing you’ll want to carefully consider is the CR-V trim levels. Each trim level varies in their interior features, seating materials, and technology systems. The CR-V is available in:
- CR-V LX: The base-level CR-V offers all the features you’ve read about. It comes standard with the 5-inch display and the 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine.
- Honda CR–V EX: The next trim level from the base adds a lot in terms of the 1.5-liter turbo 4-cylinder engine, the 7-inch touchscreen display with six speakers, and features like Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, and HondaLink®.
- CR–V EX-L: The third CR-V trim level adds the leather-trimmed seats to the interior, the 8-speaker sound system, the HomeLink® Remote System, and the Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror.
- CR-V Touring: The last of the Honda CR-V trims is the Touring. This trim includes all the updated features and technology, with a few new additions. The Touring adds a premium 9-speaker sound system and the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ that includes Voice Recognition, Honda HD Digital Traffic, and even HD Radio™.
Honda Sensing® Technology Features
The CR-V also includes Honda Sensing® features. These driver-assistance features use exterior sensors to measure speed and distance to provide ample warnings to reduce the severity of a collision, or help you avoid one altogether. Each feature provides an alert to inform you of an impending collision or issue so you can prevent it from happening on the road. These features include:
- Forward Collision Warning: This feature can detect when there’s an object in your path that you’re in danger of colliding into. The system will notify you via an alert.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: When the Forward Collision Warning activates, this system will respond by providing enough brake pressure to slow the vehicle to reduce the force of impact while giving you time to respond and to brake the vehicle fully.
- Lane Departure Alert: The sensors can recognize the lines in the road and will send a warning when the vehicle begins to veer out of its intended lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: This system can detect when the vehicle is veering off the road. It will send an alert and use selective braking to ensure the vehicle remains on the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: When you set the cruise control, you can also set a preferred distance from the vehicle ahead of you. This system will then adapt to the flow of traffic, favoring the distance over the speed, so you don’t have to deactivate the system or intervene.
Take a Spin in the 2019 Honda CR-V
We hope that you found this 2019 Honda CR-V review helpful in learning more about this crossover and what it offers. While you’re more familiar with the performance, the cabin space, and the technology features, and even the varying trim levels of the Honda CR-V, you can benefit from learning even more about this vehicle. Why not drop by for a closer look? Or, you can simply take it out for a spin to see how you feel about what it offers and how it handles on the open road.
Schedule your test drive with us at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Cerritos. We’re here to assist drivers all throughout Cerritos, Buena Park, and Long Beach with the search for their next car.